The Tomorrowland Movie is an E-Ticket Ride
MacSparky and I were lucky enough to get some tickets to a special screening for Disneyland Annual Passholders to view the new Tomorrowland movie. MacSparky was already "IN" when he found out that Brad Bird (Iron Giant, Incredibles) was involved. We were confident that the story would be good.
This was a good interview with Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof (I think I saw him make a cameo in the movie). It was good to hear it straight from the creators. Pretty entertaining, too. Bird calls the movie a "sci-fi fantasy fable".
Here's what I have to say about TOMORROWLAND:
- Go with no expectations except to watch an action-packed movie with a great story. If you were intrigued by the trailers, you won't be disappointed.
- Don't expect to hear talk about Walt Disney or Disneyland.
- Pay attention to the Disney castle in the opening credits. It's pretty cool.
- At one point in the movie, if you look close enough, there is a scene where you can spot a reference to The Iron Giant.
- The special pin is an invitation that I would love to receive and share, too.
- Stay for the credits to the very end. If you move your head you might miss it.
- The next time you ride "it's a small world", you'll be thinking about what might be underneath the attraction if anything.
- I loved how "Audio-Animatronics" was incorporated and used in the story.
- If you love to dream, hope, and are a "half-glass" kind of person, you'll like the message.
This short video, from Disney Insider, was just released and the words from the cast are interesting to hear.
Don't forget to to visit this official and interactive website: TAKE ME TO TOMORROWLAND. You may hear more about Plus Ultra after the movie is released but there is a lot of chatter on the web that you can find. There is also a new book, Before Tomorrowland, that was released if you want some prequel story and background. It's not necessary but is interesting.
I love a good E-Ticket Disney ride. It's usually highly entertaining, technology advanced, and is new. For me, Tomorrowland was like an E-Ticket. The movie had thrills, spills, and when it was over, I was enthralled. At the end of the special screening. we were all given a Tomorrowland pin. We will gladly accept the invitation.